The audition is open to Thai citizens or residents of Thailand
October 26, 2019
• Application deadline 11 October 2019 at 5 pm. No application will be accepted after this time and date
• The audition venue will be announced.
• The application is to be filled out online.
• The applicant also must supply a CV.
• Candidates to be auditioned will be announced and posted on October 15th ,2019 on www.rbsothailand.com and our FB page
• Upon application acceptance, candidates will be notified for an audition appointment schedule.
• The auditions will take place on October 26.
• Each candidate auditioning will be required to play a specific repertoire.
The audition committee will include:
• Michel Tilkin, Music director
• It will be a blind audition. Each musician will be required to play up to 30 minutes (TBC by committee during the audition, perhaps shorter, perhaps longer). During the live blind audition process, the audition committee will not be allowed to communicate at all with the auditioning candidates.
• The audition committee will use scorecards for each musician auditioning.
• Mozart: Violin Concerto (free choice) 1st movement with cadenza
• Beethoven Symphony No.9 (3rd movement)
• Beethoven Symphony No.3 (scherzo)
• Mozart: Symphony No. 39 (4th movement)
• Mendelssohn: Symphony No.4 (1st movement)
• Brahms: Symphony No.1 (1st movement)
• Brahms: Symphony No. 4 (4th movement)
• Smetana: the bartered bride overture
• Mendelssohn: Midsummer Night’s Overture
• Hoffmeister: Viola Concerto (1st movement) without cadenza
• Stamitz: Viola concerto (1st movement) without cadenza
• Shostakovich: Symphony No.5 (1st movement)
• Smetana: The bartered bride Overture
• Mendelssohn: scherzo from Midsummer Night’s dream
• Beethoven: Coriolan Overture
• Berlioz: Carnaval Romain Overture
• Haydn Cello Concerto (1st movement) without cadenza
• Beethoven Symphony No.9 (4th movement)
• Beethoven Symphony No.8 (trio from scherzo)
• Beethoven Symphony No.5 (slow movement)
• Bruckner Symphony No.4 (slow movement)
• Mozart: Symphony No. 40 (1st movement)
• Dittersdorf: Double concerto (1st movement) no cadenza
• Strauss,R.: Ein Heldenleben
• Mozart: Symphony No.40 (1st movement)
• Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro Overture
• Beethoven: Symphony No.5 (Scherzo)
• Beethoven: Symphony No.9 (4th movement)
RBSO is a non-profit foundation which has set a standard for professional orchestra to become the leading orchestra of Thailand, representing the country as the “Cultural Ambassador” to perform classical, operatic, musicals, popular and Thai contemporary concerts both locally and in many countries.
2nd floor, Kian Gwan III Building,
152 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330
Telephone: +66(0)255 6617-8, +66(0)255 9191-2
Fax: +66 (0) 2255 6619